Last Updated February 8, 2019
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY. BY EXPRESSING THAT YOU “ACCEPT,” BY REGISTERING FOR AN ACCOUNT, OR BY ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE SERVICE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS
If you do not agree to all of the Terms, or if you are not eligible for the Service (as explained below), then please do not use the Service.
ARBITRATION NOTICE. UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF ARBITRATION WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE DATE YOU FIRST AGREE TO THE TERMS BY FOLLOWING THE OPT-OUT PROCEDURES SPECIFIED IN SECTION 20 BELOW, AND EXCEPT FOR CERTAIN KINDS OF DISPUTES DESCRIBED IN SECTION 20, YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES ARISING UNDER THESE TERMS WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION, AND, BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU AND INMAR ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. YOU AGREE TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT TO ASSERT OR DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS (EXCEPT FOR MATTERS THAT MAY BE TAKEN TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT). YOUR RIGHTS WILL BE DETERMINED BY A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR AND NOT A JUDGE OR JURY. (SEE SECTION 20.)
- Eligibility. By agreeing to the Terms, you represent and warrant to us: (i) that you are at least eighteen (18 years old (or twenty one (21) years old for alcoholic beverage Offers); (ii) that you have not previously been suspended, removed or deactivated from the Service; (iii) that your registration and your use of the Service is in compliance with any and all applicable laws and regulations; and (iv) for alcoholic beverage offers, that neither you nor anyone in your immediate family (parent, sibling, child or spouse) holds an interest in an alcoholic beverage license by any state or federal alcoholic beverage regulatory agency.
- Supplemental Terms. We may offer certain features of the Service that are subject to different or additional terms and conditions that supplement these Terms. We refer to such different or additional terms as “Supplemental Terms.” Your use of the Service is subject to any such Supplemental Terms, when applicable, and such Supplemental Terms are considered an integral part of these Terms. In the event of a conflict between any Supplemental Terms and the remainder of these Terms, the Supplemental Terms will govern, but only with respect to the features of the Service to which the Supplemental Terms apply.
- Modification of the Terms. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change the Terms on a going forward basis at any time. Please check the Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service after the changes become effective constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes. Modifications are effective upon publication.
- Location Data. Some features of the Service enable us to tailor your experience on the Service based on your location. If you decline to provide location information, or in our judgment, we cannot verify your location, you will be unable to utilize some or all features of the Service.
- User Rewards.
- User Rewards (“Rewards”) Generally. Through the Service, Inmar makes available offers on certain third-party products and services (each an “Offer”). When you successfully redeem an Offer through the Service, you will receive Rewards. Each Offer may be subject to Supplemental Terms and may be discontinued by Inmar at any time. At any time and in Inmar’s sole discretion, Inmar may: (i) determine whether or not you are eligible to redeem an Offer; (ii) determine whether or not you have earned Rewards; or (iii) adjust your Rewards total.
- Third-Party Reward Distribution Services. Inmar may engage Third-Party Reward Distribution Service providers to provide certain Reward Distribution Options made available through the Service. Such Third-Party Reward Distribution Services are subject to additional terms and conditions, and you agree to be bound by any applicable terms and conditions as the same may be modified from time to time. For example, Inmar may use third parties such as PayPal, Inc. When you elect to distribute Rewards through a Third-Party Reward Distribution Service, you are instructing Inmar to distribute the Rewards to the Third-Party Reward Distribution Service on your behalf and you agree that you are bound by the Third-Party Reward Distribution Service’s terms of service. It is your responsibility to access and review the terms of service of any Third-Party Reward Distribution Service.
- Taxes. Depending on applicable federal, state, and local tax laws, your distribution of Rewards may be subject to taxes. You will be solely responsible for any and all tax liability arising out of your receipt of Rewards and you agree to provide Inmar with information requested in connection with applicable federal, state, and local tax laws. You are solely responsible for any tax liability (including fees, penalties or fines) incurred by Inmar as a result of your action or inaction in connection with the foregoing (including your failure to provide Inmar with information). Inmar is further authorized to offset such tax liability from your Rewards.
- Monitoring Content. Inmar does not control and does not have any obligation to monitor the use of the Service by its users. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that Inmar reserves the right to, and may from time to time, monitor any and all information transmitted or received through the Service for operational and other purposes.
- Electronic Communications.
- By using the Service, you consent to receiving certain electronic communications from us (g., by e-mail or SMS). You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that those communications be in writing. In accordance with this Section, we may also communicate with you via SMS/MMS or messaging application (e.g., Facebook Messenger).
- Some electronic communications are necessary for performance of the Service and you may not opt out of such communications (“Service Related Communications”). You may, however, receive other electronic communications that are promotions, advertisements, or informational and not necessary for the performance of the Service (“Optional Communications”). You may opt out of receiving Optional Communications by following the “unsubscribe” link in the e-mail communication, by texting “STOP” to 24587 in the case of SMS, or by typing “STOP” in the case of messaging application when notified for Optional Communications.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency depends on the user’s interaction. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- DMCA Notification. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512, as amended). If you have any complaints or objections to material posted on the Service, you may contact our Designated Agent at the following address:
Inmar Brand Solutions, Inc.
635 Vine Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
c/o DMCA Agent
Attn: General Counsel
Any notice alleging that materials hosted by or distributed through the Service infringe intellectual property rights must include the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other right being infringed;
- a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of the material that you claim is infringing and where it is located on the Service;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the materials on the Service of which you are complaining is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
- DMCA Notification. We comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act applicable to Internet service providers (17 U.S.C. §512, as amended). If you have any complaints or objections to material posted on the Service, you may contact our Designated Agent at the following address:
- Third-party Services and Websites. Inmar may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information to third-party services, including through use of an API or by linking your GRATAFY Account with an account on a service offered by a third-party, such as Twitter, Facebook or qualified retailer loyalty program account. By using these tools, you agree that we may transfer such User Content and information to the applicable third-party service. Such third-party services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents of the third-party service or the use of your User Content or information by the third-party service. The Service, including our websites, may also contain links to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site. We provide these links as a convenience only, and a link does not imply our endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked site. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any of these third-party services or websites.
- Feedback. If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding problems with or proposed modifications or improvements to the Service (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant Inmar an unrestricted, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, fully paid, royalty free right to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose, including to improve the Service and create other products and services.
- Prohibited Conduct. BY USING THE SERVICE YOU AGREE NOT TO (and such conduct, “Prohibited Conduct”):
- submit purchase information that is false, inaccurate, fabricated, counterfeited, tampered with, adjusted, or otherwise artificial or inauthentic for the purpose of seeking to redeem Offers;
- redeem, or attempt to redeem, Offers for products that have not actually been purchased and retained, or for products that have been purchased but returned to a store or online vendor, following purchase;
- upload receipts that have already been uploaded by you or another user, for the purpose of earning Rewards for purchasing products that you did not actually purchase;
- upload receipts that reflect purchases that took place more than one (1) week prior to the date on which the receipt is uploaded;
- upload receipts that reflect purchases that took place prior to the launch date of a retailer’s Offer or campaign except where expressly permitted in the Offer details;
- attempt to obscure the date on a receipt;
- extract information from GRATAFY’S web, mobile applications, or social media pages for the purpose of using said information in conjunction with another service, web or mobile application;
- rent, lease, loan, sell, resell, sublicense, distribute or otherwise transfer the licenses granted herein or any Materials (as defined below);
- impersonate any person or entity, falsely claim an affiliation with any person or entity, or access the GRATAFY Accounts of others without permission, forge another person’s digital signature, misrepresent the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the Service, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity;
- infringe the copyright or other proprietary rights on the Service or of any User Content;
- use the Service for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law, including, without limitation, laws governing intellectual property and other proprietary rights, and data protection and privacy, or the collection, storage, transmission, or access of educational records;
- defame, harass, abuse, threaten or defraud users of the Service, or collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about users or third parties without their consent;
- use the Service for any commercial purpose;
- remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or User Content, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content accessible through the Service, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Service or User Content;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Service or any part thereof (including any App), except and only to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation;
- modify, adapt, translate or create derivative works based upon the Service or any part thereof, except and only to the extent the foregoing restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law;
- intentionally interfere with or damage operation of the Service or any user’s enjoyment of it, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code; or
- redeem any Reward or participate in any Offer for alcoholic beverages if you are (i) under the age of twenty-one (21); (ii) the holder of an alcoholic beverage license issued by any U.S. state alcohol regulatory agency; or (iii) an immediate family member (parent, sibling, child or spouse) of an alcoholic beverage licensee.
- Limitations on User Accounts. A user may not create more than one (1) GRATAFY Account. Each GRATAFY Account may be associated with a maximum of two (2) unique and active mobile devices. Each unique mobile device may not be associated with more than two (2) GRATAFY Accounts.
- Term. These Terms are effective beginning when you accept the Terms or first download, install, access or use the Service and ending when terminated as described in Section 14.
- Termination; Discontinuation and Modification of the Service. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, Inmar shall have the right, exercisable in its absolute and sole discretion, to terminate the Terms and block your access to the Service at any time and for any reason. If you engage in Prohibited Conduct, post User Content that Inmar determines in its sole discretion to be a terminable offense, or otherwise violate any of the Terms, your permission to use the Service will automatically terminate, any rights you have to the Rewards in your GRATAFY Account will terminate, and you will no longer be eligible to receive a distribution of such Rewards. We also reserve the right to modify the Service at any time without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service or any suspension or revocation of your access to or use of the Service. You may terminate the Terms at any time by discontinuing the use of the Service.
- Effect of Termination. Upon termination of these Terms: (a) your license rights will terminate and you must immediately cease use of the Service; (b) you will no longer be authorized to access your GRATAFY Account or the Service; and (c) any Sections which, by their nature or express terms should survive will survive.
- Ownership; Proprietary Rights; User License. The Service, including the Materials as defined below, are the exclusive property of Inmar or are used with the express permission of the copyright and/or trademark owner. Subject to the Terms, Inmar hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to install, access and use the Service, including the Materials as defined below, solely for your personal use in compliance with the Terms and as intended through the normal functionality of the Service. Except for the limited license to use the Service set forth in the preceding sentences, when you use the Service you are not receiving a license or any other rights, including but not limited to any intellectual property or other proprietary rights of Inmar or any of our users. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS TO THE SERVICE OR ANY INMAR PROPERTY EXCEPT AS WE INDICATE IN THE TERMS. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in the Terms, in and to the Service and Materials. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, content, text, photos, video, sounds, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, mobile and web based applications, and all other elements of the Service provided by Inmar (the “Materials”) are protected by state or United States federal intellectual property and proprietary rights, including but not limited to trade secret, copyright, trade dress, and trademark laws, international conventions, and all other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws. Except for any User Content that is provided and owned by users of the Service, all Materials contained in the Service are the property of Inmar or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to Inmar or its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. Except as expressly authorized by Inmar, you agree not to sell, license, distribute, copy, post, link, deep link, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, or otherwise make unauthorized use of the Materials without express written permission of Inmar. You further agree to use no less than a reasonable standard of care to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of the Service and Materials described above. Any violation hereof may result in a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right infringement that may subject you to civil and/or criminal liabilities.
- Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you are responsible for your use of the Service, and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Inmar and its officers, directors, employees, consultants, contractors, affiliates, third-party content providers, licensors, and agents (collectively, the “Inmar Entities”) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses of any kind, including reasonable attorneys’ and accounting fees and costs, arising out of or in any way related to (i) your access to, use of or alleged use of the Service; (ii) your use of products or services provided by third-parties, such as Merchants or Brand Companies; (iii) your violation of the Terms or any representation, warranty, or agreements referenced herein, or any applicable law or regulation; (iv) any fraud or manipulation by you; (v) your violation of any applicable law or the rights of any third-party, including without limitation any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; or (vi) any disputes or issues between you and any third-party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive the termination of the Agreement and your use of the Service.
Inmar is not responsible for products and services offered by third parties and is not responsible for any costs, harm, or damages that occur as a result of, either directly or indirectly, third-party products and services. You release the Inmar Entities from any claim or liability arising out of or related to (i) any third-party product or service and (ii) any acts or omissions by users, including users’ failure to comply with applicable law and/or a third-party’s failure to provide a product or service as described in good faith by Inmar (collectively, (i) and (ii) are referred to as the “Released Products Claims”). You also agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Inmar Entities from and against all claims and liability, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or related to the Released Products Claims.
- Disclaimers; No Warranties.YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE INMAR ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY (BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION) DISCLAIM (i) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DATA ACCURACY, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; (ii) ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE-OF-DEALING, COURSE-OF-PERFORMANCE, OR TRADE USAGE; (iii) ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR RESULTS PROVIDED IN, OR THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF, THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, OR UP-TO-DATE; (iv) ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE; (v) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE AND (iv) ANY WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL ADVERTISED, MADE AVAILABLE, OR REFERRED TO YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ALL DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE. ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED, USED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. INMAR DOES NOT DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER RIGHT THAT INMAR IS PROHIBITED FROM DISCLAIMING UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Limitation of Liability.IN NO EVENT SHALL THE INMAR ENTITIES NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OPERATING OR DELIVERING THE SERVICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE AND/OR THESE TERMS, WITHOUT REGARD TO THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, OR TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY, OR BASED ON STATUTE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY), WITHOUT REGARD TO WHETHER THE INMAR ENTITIES KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOW THAT SUCH DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE, AND WITHOUT REGARDING TO WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES RESULT FROM: (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE, OR (ii) ANY PURCHASE OF A THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT OR SERVICE BASED ON INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SERVICE, INCLUDING THE AVAILABILITY OF AN OFFER, DISTRIBUTION OPTION, OR TYPE OF REWARD. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE INMAR ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FURTHER, THE INMAR ENTITIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED ONTO OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICE.
THIRD-PARTY REWARD DISTRIBUTION SERVICES AND MERCHANTS AND BRAND COMPANIES WHO OFFER AND ADVERTISE PRODUCTS THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE NOT AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OR EMPLOYEES OF INMAR. THE INMAR ENTITIES DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, BREACHES OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY MERCHANTS OR BRAND COMPANIES OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING THEREFROM.IN ADDITION TO THE TERMS SET FORTH ABOVE, THE INMAR ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OR DURATION, FOR ANY ERRORS, INACCURACIES, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER DEFECTS IN, OR UNTIMELINESS OR INAUTHENTICITY OF, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE SERVICE CHANNELS OR FOR ANY DELAY OR INTERRUPTION IN THE TRANSMISSION THEREOF TO YOU, OR FOR ANY CLAIMS OR LOSSES ARISING THEREFROM OR OCCASIONED THEREBY. NONE OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS OR LOSSES OF ANY NATURE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THESE TERMS. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 19 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Dispute Resolution and Arbitration.
- Generally. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Inmar in the most expedient and cost-effective manner, you and Inmar agree that any and all disputes arising out of or relating to the Terms, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof or the use of the Service (collectively, “Disputes”) shall be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Our agreement to arbitrate disputes includes, but is not limited to, all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory, and regardless of whether the claims arise during or after the termination of these Terms. You understand and agree that, by entering into these Terms, you and Inmar are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action.
- Exceptions. Notwithstanding subsection 20.1, we both agree that nothing herein shall be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit either of our right to (i) bring an individual action in small claims court, (ii) seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party’s copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights (the action described in the foregoing clause (ii), an “IP Protection Action”). Without limiting the preceding sentence, you will also have the right to litigate any other Dispute if you provide Inmar with written notice of your desire to do so by regular mail at Inmar Brand Solutions, Inc., 635 Vine Street, Winston Salem, NC 27101, Attn: General Counsel within thirty (30) days following the date you first agree to the Terms (such notice, an “Arbitration Opt-out Notice”). If you don’t provide Inmar with an Arbitration Opt-out Notice within the thirty (30) day period, you will be deemed to have knowingly and intentionally waived your right to litigate any Dispute except as expressly set forth in clauses (i) and (ii) above. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any IP Protection Action or, if you timely provide Inmar with an Arbitration Opt-out Notice, will be the state courts located in Forsyth County in the State of North Carolina or the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina and each of the parties hereto waives any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Unless you timely provide Inmar with an Arbitration Opt-out Notice, you acknowledge and agree that you and Inmar are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action or representative proceeding. Further, unless both you and Inmar otherwise agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of any class or representative proceeding. If this specific paragraph is held unenforceable, then the entirety of this “Dispute Resolution” Section will be deemed void. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, this “Dispute Resolution” Section will survive any termination of the Terms.
- Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Inmar will be governed by the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by these Terms, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and filing forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by contacting Inmar.
- Notice; Process. A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send a written Demand for Arbitration to the other, by certified mail, Federal Express (signature required), or in the event that we do not have a physical address on file for you, we may send notice to you by electronic mail (“Notice”). Demands for Arbitration may be sent to Inmar Brand Solutions, Inc. 635 Vine Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101, Attn: General Counsel. The Demand must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought. The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law and will be selected by the parties from the AAA’s roster of arbitrators. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within seven (7) days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with the AAA Rules. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or Inmar shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award, if any.
- Fees. In the event that you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, Inmar will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for greater than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees shall be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearings will take place at a location to be agreed upon in North Carolina, provided that if the claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a non-appearance based telephonic hearing, or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse Inmar for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
- No class actions. YOU AND INMAR AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Inmar agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
- Modifications. In the event that Inmar makes any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to the Inmar’s address for Notice), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Inmar’s address for Notice, in which case your GRATAFY Account shall be immediately terminated and this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the amendments you reject shall survive.
- Enforceability If only subsection 20.6 is found to be unenforceable or the entirety of this Section 20 is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 20 shall be null and void and, in such case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Sections 20 and 21 shall govern any action arising out of or related to these Terms.
- Governing Law; Venue. These Terms, whether interpreted in a court of law or in arbitration, shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within North Carolina by North Carolina residents, and without regard to conflict of law principles. To the extent that any lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted hereunder, you and Inmar agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts of Forsyth County, North Carolina or the United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes. The Service is intended for individual users located within the United States. We make no representation that the Service is appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. Access to the Service from countries or territories or by individuals where such access is illegal is prohibited.
- Contact Information. If you have any questions regarding Inmar, the Service, or the Terms please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Notice to California Residents. If you are a California resident, under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 N. Market Blvd., Suite S-202, Sacramento, California 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 in order to resolve a complaint regarding the Service or to receive further information regarding use of the Service.
- No Support. We are under no obligation to provide support for the Service. In instances where we may offer support, the support will be subject to published policies.