MedEx is the most comprehensive hospital pharmacy workflow management solution in the market. It improves the compliance, efficiency and safety of medication preparation and delivery from the pharmacy. MedEx addresses the issues related to late, missing or diverted medication deliveries.
Medication preparations & courier chain of custodyLearn More
Tray & kit replenishment & trackingLearn More
Secure pneumatic tube delivery & trackingLearn More
Pharmacy Challenges Today
Hospital pharmacy departments are under significant operational pressure due to a variety of legacy processes, insufficient technology and compliance mandates.
Watch video to learn more!
- 25 missing doses per day per 100 beds
- 400-bed hospital experiences 36,500 missing doses annually
- Pharmacy and nursing labor
- Wasted inventory
- Medication event resolution
- Hundreds of kits per hospital
- Multitude of configurations
- Constantly used and refilled
- Drugs distributed & tracked manually
- Pharmacy labor to refill (30 min per tray)
- Excess Inventory
- Inaccurate (unsafe) configurations
- Poor tracking information
One of the most frequently cited compliance infractions by the Joint Commission is related to the Medication Management standard.
In the US, 21% of all reported JCAHO citations are in this category.
- Medication security and storage
- Insufficient medication order review
- Uncontrolled expiration/lot recalls
- Medication cart control
MISSING DOSES ARE DUE TO INSUFFICIENT TRACKING TECHNOLOGy.
Unfortunately, existing systems are unable to track, secure and trace the distribution of medications from the pharmacy. This leads to wasted materials, wasted labor, dangerous distractions, and compliance lapses.