A major footwear and apparel brand selling primarily through internet and wholesale needed improvement in digital loyalty, overall returns reduction, reverse logistics efficiency and a reliable, brand-protected liquidation resource. Also lacked capacity to handle seasonal returns spikes.
Inmar recommended implementation of its end-to-end ecommerce supply chain solution to interface with Demandware, as well as:
- Added a second, strategically located returns processing center
- Returns data visibility – lack of visibility weakened returns reduction initiatives
- Inmar Liquidation program
Projected $1 million-plus first-year recovery through:
- Returns reduction of 1-2% through visibility to product detail, size, color, etc.
- Projected $350,000 secondary market sales through Inmar Liquidation
- Reduced transportation cost and cycle-time, gained DC space and labor efficiency
- Reduced processing from 2-3 weeks to less than 10 days
- Improved speed to credit and reduced call volume from 30% to 10%
- Improved customer experience through online tracking, also reducing customer calls