TOP 10 RETAILER GETS $31M ANNUAL ROI FROM RETURNS SAAS AND CONSOLIDATION
A top-10 national big-box retailer needed to consolidate returns processing and improve returns management, vendor returns consolidation and liquidation yield.
- They were sorting returns at 450+ store locations, utilizing labor resources across the company’s entire footprint, sending small shipments and single packages to vendors receiving returns.
- The company also wanted better software for returns data visibility to aid forward-focused segments of the company, as well as improved warehouse management.
- Their software at the time was cumbersome and required constant coding changes.
Inmar Intelligence developed a customized SaaS solution, built to meet the retailer’s specific supply chain infrastructure and vendor interlocks, processing needs and business rules for disposition of returns and overstocks.
- Inmar’s SaaS solution improved data visibility. Enabled data sharing with vendors and let merchandisers see return trends in categories to better inform buying decisions.
- Moved returns consolidation from back-store at 450+ locations to 13 distribution depots. Saved $4M monthly in store labor and reduced transportation runs.
- Consolidated vendor returns to truckloads vs individual packages. Improved returns recovery through new consolidation fee. Saved vendors time and expense, receiving by truckload vs individual packages from store sort.
- Achieved better shipping and inventory visibility. Enabled shipping to vendors more frequently to improve warehouse space management.