Lowes Foods Works with Unata and Inmar to Launch Market-First Integrated Coupons for eGrocery
Unata, the award-winning provider of 1-to-1 digital solutions for grocers, and Inmar, a technology and analytics company, today jointly announce a collaboration to integrate digital coupons directly into grocers' eCommerce and eCircular programs to enable more inter-connected and seamless digital grocery experiences. Lowes Foods is the first grocery retailer to launch this new integrated solution, embedding Inmar's digital coupons into the Unata-powered eCommerce and eCircular experiences.
Even as Inmar's shopper behavior research finds nearly 40% of consumers regularly use digital coupons, these offers traditionally are located within their own separate section of a grocer's website, not allowing shoppers to view or clip coupons while list planning or online shopping. This has left shoppers unable to know which products have associated coupons or how the savings from their clipped coupons will reduce their cart total, making it more difficult for shoppers to save.
To solve these problems, Unata and Inmar have created a brand new integrated experience that includes the following never-been-done-before capabilities:
- Dedicated Coupons section within eCommerce portal: Shoppers can access all coupons in one view within the eCommerce experience, with the ability to filter them by department.
- Coupon pages listing all applicable SKUs: Shoppers can now view all eligible products for each coupon on the coupon page, with the ability to add product to the cart and clip coupons directly from the coupon page.
- Coupons displayed on product pages whenever applicable: Shoppers can now view all available coupons for each product on the product page, with the ability to clip a coupon directly from the product page.
- Digital Coupon suggestions in cart: If a product has been added to the cart for which there is a related, unclipped coupon, it will be displayed in the cart, with the ability to clip the coupon directly in the cart.
- Savings Incorporated into Estimated Total: Once the coupon has been clipped and the required amount of associated products have been added to the cart, shoppers are able to see how the savings reduce the cart total in real time, helping them to better manage their budgets and have a more enjoyable customer experience.
By improving the digital shopping experience and helping shoppers save more, retailers increase shopper satisfaction and improve loyalty while manufacturers gain greater exposure for their coupons.
"This brand new digital coupon experience, as well as our new collaboration with Inmar, are part of our commitment to innovation and to ensuring we keep our retail partners at the forefront of the industry," says Marc Faucher, Unata COO and CFO. "Moving forward, any retailer that works with Unata will automatically have access to out-of-the-box support for Inmar coupons flowing directly into their eCommerce and eCircular experiences."
"By working with Unata to enable this transformational solution, we help retailers and brands take full advantage of sales opportunities generated by the growth of eCommerce in the grocery vertical," says David Mounts, Chairman and CEO of Inmar. "Research by Inmar Analytics shows that online grocery shopping is growing at a rate of 20 percent per year -- with that growth accelerating every year. As shoppers look to save time and money when grocery shopping, Inmar and Unata help them do both through an integrated eCommerce experience," adds Mounts.
"We are very excited to offer our guests this new digital coupon capability," said Michael Moore, Lowes Foods CMO. "It will simplify our guest's experience and will empower them to maximize savings on their grocery basket. At Lowes Foods, this is just another step in our rebranding journey and is part of our continuing effort to innovate for our guests."
Watch the video
Join our webinar for a first look at this industry first live with Lowes Foods, and a discussion about how digital coupons are being changed forever -- with Klaus Werner, Trey Moser & Chris Bryson on September 8, 2016 at 2pm ET.